Senior Hedge Fund Accountant, Hedge Fund Administration Group, Goldman Sachs, Princeton, NJ (June 2004 - July 2006)
Senior Financial Analyst (Report directly to CFO), Zero Stage Capital, L.P., Cambridge, MA
(October 2000 - Jul 2003)
- Provided extensive accounting services for various hedge funds clients including calculating a monthly NAV and fund performance, reconciliation for daily trades, cash, portfolio position, dividends, interests, corporate actions, and custodial capital accounts.
- Monitored, reviewed and recorded trades within fund portfolio, as well as expenses, capital movements and corporate actions.
- Responsible for various financial and administrative duties of the funds, including preparing financial statements, compliance reports, fund performance estimates, expenses payments and NAV analysis.
- Maintained ongoing communication and relationship with prime brokerage, clients, investors, investor service group, auditors, legal counsels, tax consultants.
- Assisted in all clients' annual audit, banking audit, K-1 preparation, and other compliance reporting.
Senior Consultant, Investment Management Group, Assurance and Business Advisory Service, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, Boston, MA (August 1998 - October 2000)
- Responsible for preparing quarterly reports, annual reports, regulatory reports and all applicable supporting documents
- Produced federal and multi-state tax returns
- Responsible to provide venture partners financial models for portfolio evaluations and financing offering
- Responsible for identifying and researching regulatory, compliance and accounting/reporting issues
- Responsible for interface with portfolio companies, examiners, auditors, legal counsel, and SBA for all accounting matters
- Responsible for maintaining investor relations
- Key member in due diligence process during investor fund raising
- Managed capital calls and distributions
- Assisted cost/benefit and profitability analyses and special projects
- Responsible for maintaining fixed assets account, fund bills and expense reports payments and cash reconciliation
- Specialized in serving mutual funds, real estate investment trusts and other investment management clients
- Clients experience includes: Fidelity Investment, Putnam Investment, Wellington Management, State Street Global, Preferred Income Funds, and Berkeley Investment
- Planned and implemented financial statement audits from start to finish
- Prepared financial statements for various investment management clients
- Instructed investment management classes in PwC CE series - topics on fixed income funds and municipal funds
- In charge of coaching new associates on audit field work
- Performed AIMR performance presentation reviews during summer time. Clients include: GE and Back Bay
Bentley Graduate School of Business, Waltham, MA.)
Master of Science of Accountancy, May 1998 GPA: 3.5/4.0
Honor: Departmental Assistantship, Bentley scholarship (1996 - 1998)
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 1994-95
Courses taken in Ph.D. program: Statistic methods, database management.
Honor: Sage Fellowship, Cornell University scholarship (1994 - 1995)
People's University of China, Beijing, China
Bachelor of Science in Finance, June 1994. GPA: 3.8/4.0
Public Accountant licensed by Massachusetts .
Certified Financial Analyst - CFA Institute®